macro to copy/paste data - edit required

bluepenink

hi guys....can someone assist with the following macro

essentially, i want the macro to copy/paste where there is a value > 0 or <>"" in column Y from the "data" tab.

the current macro is copy/pasting everything ...thx you in advance!

Code:
Sub _Merge()

Dim rngCopy As Range, LR As Long

With Sheets("OUT")

'Clear old data
        If .Range("A8") <> Empty Then .Range("A8", .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).EntireRow.ClearContents

'Copy 
        With Sheets("Data")
            LR = .Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
            Set rngCopy = .Range("A7:AH" & LR)
        End With
        .Range("B8").Resize(rngCopy.Rows.Count, 2).Value = rngCopy.Columns("J:K").Value
        .Range("D8").Resize(rngCopy.Rows.Count, 1).Value = rngCopy.Columns("D").Value
        .Range("E8").Resize(rngCopy.Rows.Count, 1).Value = rngCopy.Columns("F").Value
        .Range("F8").Resize(rngCopy.Rows.Count, 1).Value = rngCopy.Columns("N").Value
        .Range("K8").Resize(rngCopy.Rows.Count, 2).Value = rngCopy.Columns("O:P").Value
        .Range("N8").Resize(rngCopy.Rows.Count, 1).Value = rngCopy.Columns("O").Value
        .Range("O8").Resize(rngCopy.Rows.Count, 1).Value = rngCopy.Columns("Y").Value
        .Range("P8").Resize(rngCopy.Rows.Count, 1).Value = rngCopy.Columns("Y").Value

.Range("A8").Resize(rngCopy.Rows.Count).Value = "ABC Inc."

End With

End Sub

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Cross posted https://www.excelforum.com/excel-programming-vba-macros/1276881-macro-to-copy-paste-data.html

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules).
This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0
Hi Fluff

Oh of course, noted!

All, the sample file is attached in the link mentioned by Fluff. Im having some trouble trying to add logic so it only copy/paste when value <>"" or >0.

thx you

Upvote 0
essentially, i want the macro to copy/paste where there is a value > 0 or <>"" in column Y from the "data" tab.
Code:
[/QUOTE]

I have done my best to write code within that guideline. I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking but i did try...

[CODE]
Sub Merge()
    With Sheets("OUT")
        'Clear old data
        If .Range("A8") <> Empty Then
            .Range("A8", .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).EntireRow.ClearContents
        End If
        'Copy
        With Sheets("Data")
            If .Range("Y" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row > 0 Or .Range("Y" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row = "" Then
                didCopy = True
            End If
        End With
        If didCopy Then
        End If
    End With
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have done my best to write code within that guideline. I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking but i did try...

Code:
Sub Merge()
    With Sheets("OUT")
        'Clear old data
        If .Range("A8") <> Empty Then
            .Range("A8", .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)).EntireRow.ClearContents
        End If
        'Copy
        With Sheets("Data")
            If .Range("Y" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row > 0 Or .Range("Y" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row = "" Then
                didCopy = True
            End If
        End With
        If didCopy Then
        End If
    End With
End Sub

Hi steve

thanks for the reply.

doesnt seem like the macro you provided worked. Basically, if there is a value >0 or <>"" I want the macro to copy / paste the desired columns. In the above, there is a link to another form that has the document. Thoughts? thxs again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacksonashleigh99

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back