Connections using Tables Not Updating Properly

mylove0mylife

I have a master file that has data for a bunch of employees. I built seperately a file for each individual employee that reads from the master file, but found out that it can't read properly if they didn't open the master file, so started using Connections to pull in the data on a hidden tab to read from.

it was working fine, but now I'm running into issues with the formatting not staying, so one of my charts aren't pulling in properly without using the Text to Columns trick on a few of the columns on the hidden tab. I can't have the individual employees have to do this each time they get an update on the file (daily), but I also don't want to have to go into all 40 some odd files each time I update to fix it.

Any suggestions on how to make it automatically do the Text to Columns -> "Finish" option that changes it automatically to numbers (keeping in mind they are in a Number format already, but for some reason if I don't either do this trick or click on each cell and hit enter it won't read it), when it updates?

Chart that isn't working
5-23-2019-7-35-14-AM.png

Original data
5-23-2019-7-35-36-AM.png

Format before text to columns or clickin and entering (Format is Custom HH:MM:SS)
5-23-2019-7-36-13-AM.png

Formatting after entering or text to columns (Format is still Custom HH:MM:SS)

5-23-2019-7-36-19-AM.png

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back