pacerfan07

Hi,

I have the following worksheet titled "Lag Data"

1.png
[/URL][/IMG]

In column D I want to look up data from the following spreadsheet titled "Lag Data 0518 - 0419"

2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cell D4 in the first spreadsheet should return a value of $1,654,010.87 from the second spreadsheet. That's because cells B4 and C4 in the first spreadsheet agree to cells C3 and B4 in the second spreadsheet. The formula should also check to make sure the SubGroupNames in column A match (that's where the data from columns O and P in the first spreadsheet come into play).

I'm currently using the following formula but it will not work (please note I am remembering to hit ctrl+shift+enter to run the array).
=INDEX(OFFSET('Lag Data 0518 - 0419'!$B$3,1+VLOOKUP('Lag Data'!A4,'Lag Data'!$O$4:$P$9,2,FALSE)*12,1,12,12),MATCH('Lag Data'!C4,'Lag Data 0518 - 0419'!$B$4:$B$15,0),MATCH(TEXT('Lag Data'!B4,"@"),'Lag Data 0518 - 0419'!$C$3:$N$3,0))

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Re: Help with index array

How about
=INDEX('Lag Data 0518 - 0419'!$C$4:$N$15,MATCH(B4&"|"&A4,'Lag Data 0518 - 0419'!$B$4:$B$14&"|"&'Lag Data 0518 - 0419'!$A$4:$A$14,0),MATCH(C4,'Lag Data 0518 - 0419'!$C$3:$N$3,0))

Confirm with CSE

Upvote 0

Thank you, it does work for cell D4. However when I drag the formula down it's coming up with zero for the next few cells when it shouldn't.

Additionally, column A eventually changes to say "Active Secure" (as seen in the data in columns O and P on the first spreadsheet). When I drag the formula down and reach the point where "Active Secure" is in column A, it starts returning N/A as a result.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

In that case you will need to supply some data, as it's impossible to debug with nothing but an image.
There are some Add-ins here https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html that will enable you to post a small sample of data to the board.

Also please explain where cols O & P come in. As you said the the subgroups in Col A must match.

Upvote 0

Thank you, I was able to debug it. The items in row 3 on the second spreadsheet needed to be converted to TEXT. That made my original formula work.

Upvote 0

Glad you sorted it & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back