sumif multiple criteria are met

Vanali

i have an inventory tracking sheet that has the same item in multiple rows. i am trying to sumif the duplicate items that also meet the criteria of shipped or not shipped. i already have a column with a formula that states shipped or not shipped based on the date.

the identifying style is on column A, the quantity is on column J and the status of shipped / not shipped on column L.

would you be able to help with this?

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
You can use a pivot table to get totals by Item and by status.

4cfa7fd2d0d196fdebf0960c35326c59.jpg

Upvote 0
I can’t use a pivot table. I am trying to move the information to another summary tab. I tried using Vlookup, but Vlookup won’t add if there are multiple entries of the same item.

Upvote 0
SUMIFS will do that.Given Dante's example to get item A shipped total the formula would be
Code:
=SUMIFS(J2:J11,A2:A11,"A",L2:L11,"shipped")

Upvote 0
I can’t use a pivot table. I am trying to move the information to another summary tab. I tried using Vlookup, but Vlookup won’t add if there are multiple entries of the same item.

You can describe how you have the data in the summary sheet.

If you have something like this in the summary

<table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:12pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#0000FF;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b>Summary Sheet</b></td></tr></table><table border="1" cellspacing="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:76.04px;" /><col style="width:76.04px;" /><col style="width:76.04px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td><td >B</td><td >C</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">ITEM</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">shipped</td><td style="background-color:#ffff00; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">not shipped</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >2</td><td >A</td><td style="text-align:right; ">202</td><td style="text-align:right; ">204</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >3</td><td >B</td><td style="text-align:right; ">210</td><td style="text-align:right; ">212</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >4</td><td >C</td><td style="text-align:right; ">108</td><td style="text-align:right; ">109</td></tr></table><br /><table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#00ff00;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b></b></td></tr><tr><td ><table border = "1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt;"><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; font-size:10pt;"><td >Cell</td><td >Formula</td></tr><tr><td >B2</td><td >=SUMIFS(Sheet1!$J$2:$J$11,Sheet1!$A$2:$A$11,$A2,Sheet1!$L$2:$L$11,B$1)</td></tr></table></td></tr></table>

Drag the formula to the other cells

Upvote 0
Hi all - thank you so much for the feedback.

for some reason that didn't work.

Maybe i am not doing a good job explaining it. I have two tabs. Tab one is called master the second tab staged.

On the master tab i have the identifying style on column A that also matches the Staged tab on column A as well. then i also have a column on the master tab called Staged and another called Shipped. I want the information to move to these two columns (staged and shipped).

on the Staged tab. on column J, i have the staged quantity, then on column L i have a formula that tells me if the row is shipped or not shipped based on the date. (the shipped and not shipped is not in separate columns) on column K i have the dates.

ultimately, i would like to move this info from the staged tab to the master sheet. i want the quantities on the rows that say shipped to go onto the shipped column in the master tab and the rows identified as not shipped to go under the staged column in the master tab. (the staged tab has multiple entries of the same item under different shipdate, I want to make sure these multiple entries get added when transferred to the new sheet)

I hope I did a better job his time explaining this.

thanks

Upvote 0
It would be better expressed if you could give examples of what you have on each sheet. Envelopes that data you make an explanation of what you want to move from the "staged" sheet to the "master" sheet.

Upload one image before the process and another image after the process.

Or upload a couple of files with before the process and after the process.

It is important that you show your data before the process and what you expect to result after the process, because I am not understanding if you want a sum or a count or all the records.

If you put examples, it would be much easier.

You could upload a copy of your file to a free site such www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
You did not explain.
Nor did you put the before and the after.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back