Lots of sheets

I_need_help

Hi folks!

I just created an account, because i need some help. I have lots of excel sheets. All are linked together. It is just a mess. So i am trying to visualize the flow of data through all sheets. I already made a table with all sheets and all dependencies. It looks like as follow:

Sheet nameDepends on
Sheet1Sheet2
Sheet1Sheet3
Sheet2Sheet3
Sheet2Sheet4
Sheet2Sheet5
Sheet3Sheet1
Sheet3Sheet5
Sheet4Sheet5
Sheet5Sheet6

<tbody>
</tbody>

The real list is much larger. I am looking for some way to visualize the flow. Some kind of workflow or flowchart. I tried making my own in Paint. Please dont judge my bad painting skills please :LOL:

kHeixQE.png

The real list is much larger (hundreds of records). Making such flow by hand isnt really an option. So i am looking for some kind of script (VBA?) to go from the list in Excel such kind of workflow. Can someone help me? Does anyone has a great solution to get more insight in the data flow through all sheets?

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Currently i have way to many sheets to update periodically and all sheets depend on other sheets. I wanna clean things up. Less sheets. Less manual operations. It will decrease the lead time and decrease the chance of errors. The process is too big to redo from scratch (time is also an issue). I need to improve parts of the flow piece by piece. In order to make sure the complete process won't collapse if i improve some parts of the flow, i need to know the current flow. I already have a list of alle connections between the sheets. Since the list is too large, it is still not clear. Something visual would be much better to understand the current flow. So i am looking for something to visualize the current flow.

I found Inquiry. It seems usefull if there is a quick end of the sheets. In the current state, sheets also depend on previous periods and thus Inquiry also tries to visual all of those links. Also you need just one final sheet to get all links. It seems great at first, but this really handy.

I also found all external references, so i already have a list of all dependencies. I just need a way to visualize the dependencies.

Upvote 0
Hopefully the url resources will help ? If not, maybe someone else on the Forum has a solution ?

Anyone ... step up please ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back