VBScript to Open File and Execute Macro in Personal Workbook Module

jlockman

I am having trouble writing a VBScript file to replicate a macro that I manually trigger at the same time each day. I have tried tweaking several examples provided but none of them quite work for my situation. My objective it o schedule a batch file in Task Scheduler to run a script which would open a workbook with predefined path/name and trigger a macro saved in my Personal Workbook (it's in Module 18 if that matters). This workbook is one that I download daily so I cannot save the macro in the workbook itself, which is why it is saved in Personal Workbook. Usually I open this workbook manually (personal workbook also opens but is hidden) and use Control H to manually trigger my macro (macro is PERSONAL.XLSB!Helper_Sheet). Can someone please help with a vbs script code for this?

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Hello! Did you ever get an answer to this problem?? I am experiencing the same issue and can't find any where else on the internet where someone is also having this problem. Thank you!!!

Upvote 0
I did not... my workaround has been to use Macro Recorder. I used Macro Recorder to create a macro to launch the URL, download the file, automatically open that file, execute the keystroke to run my Excel macro, close the file, then close the browser window. I use Task Scheduler to run that Macro Recorder macro. It's not the workflow that I preferred, but it's getting the job done.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back