Pivottable doesn't contain all the data auto of query

RalfPeeters

Hi all,

I made an Excelfile (xlsm) with several connections to a part of a database and set some filters in query. With the filtered query data I made some pivot tables. While validating the file I found out that some data which are available in query, aren't available in the pivot table. When I make a new Pivot using the same connection the data are there. So it seems to be a refresh or cache problem.

I've read some posts on this issue but can't solve the problem.

Made macro's to refresh all data on open, clearing the Pivot cache, clearing and setting pivotfilters.
Settings in the pivot table are set on "refresh data when opening the file" and the connection refresh is set on "Refresh data when opening the file", "Refresh this connection on Refresh All" and background refresh is disabled.

Anyone a suggestion how to solve this?

Greetz, Ralf

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Iv'e faced something similar, and found that my source data was not formatted correctly
Once I identified and remedied that. it worked fine.

Hope that helps

Upvote 0
Hello, Ralf

One thought, if there are any filters on the pivot table/s this could be a problem.

Next thought, is give the queries each a simple/basic (and not dynamic/volative) defined name. Use these names as the source for the pivot table/s. I've found this to be robust (and the range the names apply to in my experience always adjust automatically when the query refreshes). I'm assuming that the current pivot tables have not picked up all data rows (after query refresh): you can check if this is the case or not by looking at the source data of one of the pivot tables that doesn't have all the data it should.

HTH. Regards, Fazza

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back