Clear filters in pivot tables in MS 2010

Jadegirl

Board Regular
I am trying to clear the filters in the pivot tables. I removed the information in the main spreadsheet, but it still remains in my drop down in my pivot tables and is starting to become a big problem. I have tried taking out the report filter field -- removing the main filter than re-adding. Is there any way to clear them without re-doing all my pivot tables? I have 15 tables and would require re-formatting.
Thanks so much!!!

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Hello - Justin pinging this post to see if anyone knows how to clear the pivot table filters. I have used the worksheet as a template for other work and have all the old remains in my new workbook without any of the info in the sheet that pulls the pivot table; however, my pivot table filters have the info from my previous worksheet. (Info that I removed from my previous worksheet). So looking for a way to remove the info that is still listed in my pivot table filters that I have removed in my main worksheet. Thanks so much!

Upvote 0
I am trying to clear the filters in the pivot tables. I removed the information in the main spreadsheet, but it still remains in my drop down in my pivot tables and is starting to become a big problem. I have tried taking out the report filter field -- removing the main filter than re-adding. Is there any way to clear them without re-doing all my pivot tables? I have 15 tables and would require re-formatting.
Thanks so much!!!

Try this

Code:
Sub Clear_filters()
    Dim sh As Worksheet, pt As PivotTable, pi As PivotItem
    For Each sh In Sheets
        For Each pt In sh.PivotTables
            pt.ClearAllFilters
        Next
    Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
HI - thanks so much for responding!! I have tried this several times and it isn't clearing. Do you have any other suggestions? So hoping to get the junk out of the worksheet -- it makes selecting items really tricky.

Upvote 0
HI - thanks so much for responding!! I have tried this several times and it isn't clearing. Do you have any other suggestions? So hoping to get the junk out of the worksheet -- it makes selecting items really tricky.

You could upload a sample of your file to know exactly what your problem is.

You could upload a copy of your file to a free site such www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back