Protected Sheet and Cell Formating

kakiebos

Board Regular
I created a document, Job Card, for our technicians to fill in after completion of work. There is plenty formulas in there as well as certain size constraints for printing purposes. Therefore I protected the sheet with a password. Pretty straight forward.
Some of the technicians want to be able to change the font for the sections that they fill in. (Kind of a personal signature/personality thing) I have no issues with that. Firstly I would like to create a VBA code for them to be able to do this. I will create my code by selecting all the ranges that they is filled in, including those with the formulas that is locked. They must choose the font name, and enter that into a provided space/cell and run the code by means of a form control button. One of my issues that I currently have is that when some fonts are chosen, the cell width or height are automatically adjusted. I would like to prevent this, as this will affect the print region. Especially if the cells are now bigger than before.

Is there some code that I can use to prevent the cells from auto size with a font change?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Oh wow, if this was me I definitely would NOT want to allow users to change the font to suit themselves.
But if you want to do that, why not include within your existing code, some new code towards the end to reset the row height / column width back to whatever they should be.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back