Print to PDF Macro for MAC OS

tripfantastic

Hi everyone and thanks for taking a look at my question. I would really appreciate any assistance!

I have created a sales quote template for my company. Some of our sales people use Macs and other use PCs. When going to print a quote, it is necessary to select three different tabs. Sometimes, people are making an edit on a tab when all three tabs are selected and they end up affecting other sheets!

The big challenge here is that I require all sheets to be unprotected as they do need to manipulate much of the data.

What I'm looking for is a macro that selects the three tabs, goes to print to PDF and then deselects the three tabs so they don't overlook this when they make adjustments to the quotes. I had no problem creating this macro for the PC but when we run this on the Mac, it goes directly to the printer without even asking. I tried to record a macro on the Mac but when I finished recording, it didn't seem to recognize any of my clicks!

If anyone has any thoughts on how to make a macro work for both PC and Mac, that would be great! Otherwise, I'll try to figure out how to make PDF printers the default on a Mac but so far it hasn't been obvious.

Have a great day!

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi, did you ever resolve this issue?

I'm having the same issue.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back