Left & right function

De Bruce

Good day all,
I'm trying to chop off 9 characters starting from the left in a cell,
when I use the "LEFT FUNCTION" excel returns the 9 characters
chopped off. But I want excel to chop off 9 characters from the left and returns the remaining characters to the right. However, I can't achieve this with the "RIGHT FUNCTION" because the number of characters to the right varies. Please i need the exact function to chop off 9 characters to the left and the remaining characters to the right will be returned
Example below:
Cell E3 = HP Deskjet 1510 series (Copy 1) on Ne14:
I need to chop off " on Ne14:" and return "HP Deskjet 1510
series (Copy 1)" to Cell E5.
Thanks In Advance
De Bruce.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Hi Bosco,
I don't know if you can assist with this

I have a command button titled "LOW STOCK" on my userform, I want the back color of this button to switch between yellow and salmon when Cell G3 > 0 (Cell G3 contains number of products below stock minimum limit).
The blinking will prompt the user to click the button inorder to display (via a pop up message box) numbers of products having low stock.
I inserted the code below in Userform_Initialize, but excel freezes up and displays on the title bar "Excel is Not Responding". Please I'll be glad to know where I went wrong, thanks in advance.

Sub Userform_Initialize
Do while sheet1.Cells(3, 7) > 0
btnLowStock.Backcolor = RGB(255, 255, 0)
btnLowStock.Backcolor = RGB(255, 128, 128)
Loop
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi Bosco,
I don't know if you can assist with this

I have a command button titled "LOW STOCK" on my userform, I want the back color of this button to switch between yellow and salmon when Cell G3 > 0 (Cell G3 contains number of products below stock minimum limit).
The blinking will prompt the user to click the button inorder to display (via a pop up message box) numbers of products having low stock.
I inserted the code below in Userform_Initialize, but excel freezes up and displays on the title bar "Excel is Not Responding". Please I'll be glad to know where I went wrong, thanks in advance.

Sub Userform_Initialize
Do while sheet1.Cells(3, 7) > 0
btnLowStock.Backcolor = RGB(255, 255, 0)
btnLowStock.Backcolor = RGB(255, 128, 128)
Loop
End Sub
Duplicate: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/1100015-do-while-loop-post5288740.html

Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread. Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will typically be locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back