Running Macro when cell value changes

Ranger73

I have seen other posts like this but their solutions don't work for me. I have 2 excel sheets. The first sheet is updated based on a button in powerapps. When the button is pressed, it runs a microsoft flow and adds a row to this data sheet. The second sheet is macro enabled (since flow doesnt work with sheets that are macro enabled) and it is set to equal the values on the first page basically copying the first sheet so that i can run macros on the data. I need a macro to run anytime the second sheet is updated with a row from the first sheet, and ive tried using the If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A4:A500")) Is Nothing Then line of code to do so, but for some reason it doesn't detect a change when the sheet is updated. Im thinking it is because the cells are based on a formula that copies data from the first sheet and since the formula doesnt change, the code doesnt detect a change when it is updated. Any help on this problem would be great, thank you

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
I have tried inserting this code into the sheet code
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
RowCount = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row
For i = 4 To RowCount
Static OldVal1 As Variant
If Range("h" & i).Value <> OldVal1 Then
OldVal1 = Range("a" & i).Value
Call Compile_Dylan_Munson
End If
Next

RowCount = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "h").End(xlUp).Row
For j = 4 To RowCount
Static OldVal2 As Variant
If Range("h" & j).Value <> OldVal2 Then
OldVal2 = Range("h" & j).Value
Call Compile_Dylan_Munson
End If
Next
End Sub
and the macro Compile_Dylan_Munson that it is running is this
Sub Compile_Dylan_Munson()
'comipling clock in table
c
Rows("4:500").Delete
Name = Range("A1").Value
Sheets("Main_Time").Select
For i = 4 To RowCount
If (InStr(1, (Range("a" & i).Value), Name) > 0) Then
Range("a" & i, "f" & i).Copy
Sheets("Dylan_Munson").Select
ActiveSheet.Range("a" & RowCount + 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
ActiveSheet.Range("a" & RowCount + 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats
End If
Next
'compiling clock out table
For i = 4 To RowCount
If (InStr(1, (Range("h" & i).Value), Name) > 0) Then
Range("h" & i, "m" & i).Copy
ActiveSheet.Range("h" & RowCount + 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
ActiveSheet.Range("h" & RowCount + 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats
End If
Next
Range("A1").Select
End Sub

So when i update a row, it seems to work and it runs the macro, but i receive a "subscript out of range" error on the "Sheets("Dylan_Munson").Select" line in the macro. The Dylan_Munson page is in the same workbook as the main page running the macro so im not sure why it is out of range. Also if i manually run the macro it works and i dont get this error

Upvote 0
That "c" in the macro code is supposed to say "Sheets(Dylan_Munson).Select" i think i accidentally replaced it with c when i was copying

Upvote 0
I have seen other posts like this but their solutions don't work for me. I have 2 excel sheets. The first sheet is updated based on a button in powerapps. When the button is pressed, it runs a microsoft flow and adds a row to this data sheet. The second sheet is macro enabled (since flow doesnt work with sheets that are macro enabled) and it is set to equal the values on the first page basically copying the first sheet so that i can run macros on the data. I need a macro to run anytime the second sheet is updated with a row from the first sheet, and ive tried using the If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A4:A500")) Is Nothing Then line of code to do so, but for some reason it doesn't detect a change when the sheet is updated. Im thinking it is because the cells are based on a formula that copies data from the first sheet and since the formula doesnt change, the code doesnt detect a change when it is updated. Any help on this problem would be great, thank you

It is correct, for the change event to activate, you must change the cell, if you have a formula what changes is the result of the formula, but the content of the cell is the same.

I help you to continue with your macro, but tell me what you need to do.

You could upload a copy of your file to a free site such www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

In the sheets you explain step by step your need.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back