Placing an object within a Group (Rows) so that it stays within the Group when colapsed

Daveychops

Hi there,
I hope this message finds you all well and in finc spirits today ;)

I'm trying to set up some macro buttons (ie a shape with a macro assigned to it) at the top of an Excel worksheet. This 'top' are ten rows which are 'Grouped' and typically collapsed when using the worksheet (i usually hide instructions or checking data in there) and I want to store/lock the button within the grouped rows (ie so that the button is hidden when the group is collapsed and showing when the is open).

Ive tried to format the shape (ie move and size with cells, move but dont size with cells & Dont move or size with cells) but in each case (unless I'm missing something) when the group is collapsed, the shape appears outside.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers ;)

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I can't replicate this.
I tried drawing a simple box, then grouping the rows containing the box (including a couple more spare rows above and below for good measure), and when I collapse the group, the box disappears. It then re-appears when I expand the group again.

I can partially replicate it IF the box extends outside the grouped rows, in which case part of the box disappears, and the portion outside the grouped rows remains visible.

Is there some other feature of your setup that might be relevant ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you actually using a shape, or a forms control button?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back