Formula Question

Kirstym1918

Hi Guys,

Could someone explain how I would merge these two formulas below so that it looks in one range and returns ROUTE, then looks in another and returns COLLECTIONS, I'm slowly getting my head around formulas but bringing them together is what I struggle with.

=IF($B8="","",IFERROR(IF(MATCH(RIGHT($B8,3),Mon!$E$5:$E$100,0),"ROUTE",),"."))
=IF($B8="","",IFERROR(IF(MATCH(RIGHT($B8,3),Mon!$E$101:$E$150,0),"COLLECTIONS",),"."))

Thanks

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
What do you want the cell to output exactly, "ROUTE COLLECTIONS"? in one cell?

Upvote 0
It's difficult to say exactly how to do this without seeing how your data is set up, and without knowing more about what you want to do exactly.

But perhaps something like this . . . .

=IF($B8="","",IFERROR(IF(MATCH(RIGHT($B8,3),Mon!$E$5:$E$100,0),"ROUTE",),".")&IFERROR(IF(MATCH(RIGHT($B8,3),Mon!$E$101:$E$150,0),"COLLECTIONS",),"."))

Upvote 0
What do you want the cell to output exactly, "ROUTE COLLECTIONS"? in one cell?

Hi,

No, I have one sheet which staff input to, this has vehicle registrations against route numbers which are input daily. I have another sheet on the same workbook which is locked down and it contains every list of vehicle registrations that we have on site and this formula looks it up from the working page and returns "ROUTE" next to any reg which has been used that day, I also have a section where we have collection routes so when a registration is input to the collection routes, I want it to return "COLLECTIONS" instead of "ROUTE" and vice versa which is why I require it to look in two ranges....but dont know how :(

Upvote 0
It's difficult to say exactly how to do this without seeing how your data is set up, and without knowing more about what you want to do exactly.

But perhaps something like this . . . .

=IF($B8="","",IFERROR(IF(MATCH(RIGHT($B8,3),Mon!$E$5:$E$100,0),"ROUTE",),".")&IFERROR(IF(MATCH(RIGHT($B8,3),Mon!$E$101:$E$150,0),"COLLECTIONS",),"."))

Thanks for the reply Gerald, I've tested it but it returns ..

Upvote 0
Well I think that might depend on what your other inputs are.

I was able to get it to sometimes return "ROUTE.COLLECTION" or something similar.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back