Overlapping Pivot Table - that I can't fix

Domroy

Board Regular
I have a massive workbook, that has macros, and pulls data and places it in another file.

When I place it manually, and then update the pivot tables, it has no problem.

When I allow the macro to place the data, (it places it in exactly the same place), then I refresh the pivots, it tells me that I can't overlap. I didn't build the initial file, so I ran this macro:

Code:
<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: inherit; white-space: inherit;">Sub ref()

Dim Sheet As Worksheet, Pivot As PivotTable, result As Boolean
For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
    For Each Pivot In Sheet.PivotTables
        Debug.Print Sheet.name & "-->" & Pivot.name
        Pivot.RefreshTable
    Next
Next

End Sub

In the Immediate Window, it told me which Pivot table is the problem, but I can't seem to fix it, and it ISN'T overlapping. Thoughts?</code>

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
you need more coloumns than you think between pivots, they have to be able to expand, even if they don't

Upvote 0
I'll try that. But do I need to worry about pivot charts? They don't need to expand, they just change their information...but keep the same footprint...right?

Upvote 0
i'm not sure of any rules just have struggled with errors until i made the space. i tend to add ten columns and hide them to avoid the issue

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back