Counting commission & formula /text

chriskenny

Good Morning

I would like to combine text and formula's for example it would star Hi, and then take the info from the sale sheet by date cell B2 then continue with text blah blah blah and then insert another formula from the sale sheet by date cell H2 and then continue with text blah blah blah

Thank you in advance for any help given

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Sorry what I am trying to do is insert two formulas within a text statement, so it would start Hi, (then the name of the person is drawn from the cell in another worksheet) I then continue to write text and then i want to insert another formula (the winning amount is drawn from the cell in another worksheet) then I continue to type. Hope this makes better sense

Upvote 0
Yes it makes sense. In what way did what i give you not do that?

Upvote 0
yes, what you gave me worked for insertion of one formula but when I tried to insert a second formula in the same cell I kept getting an error.

Upvote 0
Sorry what I am trying to do is insert two formulas within a text statement, so it would start Hi, (then the name of the person is drawn from the cell in another worksheet) I then continue to write text and then i want to insert another formula (the winning amount is drawn from the cell in another worksheet) then I continue to type. Hope this makes better sense

="Hi, "&A1&" continue the text here "&Sheet2!A2&" continue more text."

Pretty much as Steve said you just keep using the & symbol to join cells with text, putting text into quotes (cells do not get put in quotes).

Change the references provided (A1 & Sheet2!A2) with whatever cells you need, and change " continue the text here " / " continue more text." with the actual text you want to display.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back