Count or Sum if three conditions are met

bama4954

I am trying to count or sum the total number of times that three conditions are met. I have three columns that I want to show the total number of times each column has the criteria I am looking for. I have it working but I have to pull it down each row and I don't want to have multiple formulas in each row. Here is what I have so far. I want it to sum each time the conditions are met in one cell.

=IF(AND($E3="Repcon",$C3=1,$I3>0),1,"")

I was trying to maybe use Index Sum Match???

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
How about SUMIFS or COUNTIFS, which count/sum on multiple conditions?

Upvote 0
I'd use SUMPRODUCT for this problem:

=SUMPRODUCT((C3:C10=1)*(E3:E10="Repcon")*(I3:I10>0))

Just change the ranges to see fit to your situation.

Upvote 0
How about
=COUNTIFS(C:C,1,E:E,"Repcon",I:I,">0")

Upvote 0
That works if the conditions are met on that row. I need it to work if the condition is met on other rows in that range. Example: If I have 1, Repcon, > 0 in row 3 it works. But if I have the same in row 4 it does not work. In other words I don't want to have to pull the formula down to each row. I want it to count each time the criteria is met in one cell instead of multiple ones.

Upvote 0
Bam! That did it tyija1995! I had to mess around to get it working correctly but it worked! Thanks!

Upvote 0
That works if the conditions are met on that row. I need it to work if the condition is met on other rows in that range. Example: If I have 1, Repcon, > 0 in row 3 it works. But if I have the same in row 4 it does not work. In other words I don't want to have to pull the formula down to each row. I want it to count each time the criteria is met in one cell instead of multiple ones.

What formula are you using exactly? The formulas that both myself and @Fluff posted will return how many times the 3 criterias are met for the entire column. It's a one cell formula that does not need copying down and it will extract the exact number of rows that adhere to the 3 pieces of criteria that you supplied.

Upvote 0
Whose formula are you referring to?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back