Date Range Lookup Question

htanveer

Hi,

I have an Excel file which tracks expiration dates of all items with a support contract. I need to be able to lookup at anytime and quickly identify which items are coming up for renewal in the next 60 days. I can pull the concerned SNs in a separate sheet or color code them in the same file. Please let me know the best way to accomplish this.

Serial Numbers Contract End Date
ABCDEF2343 XX/XX/XXXX

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Look into conditional formatting for that. It will allow you to fill the SN cells with a color of your choice which will happen automatically when the associated dates for renewal are less than or equal to 60 days from today. The color will disappear when the renewal date is earlier than today's date.

Upvote 0
You can also filter by contract end date for the desired range. This filtered (visible) range can easily be copied to another tab.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have an Excel file which tracks expiration dates of all items with a support contract. I need to be able to lookup at anytime and quickly identify which items are coming up for renewal in the next 60 days. I can pull the concerned SNs in a separate sheet or color code them in the same file. Please let me know the best way to accomplish this.

Serial Numbers Contract End Date
ABCDEF2343 XX/XX/XXXX

You can use conditional formatting. Highlight the cells you want to conditionally format, and then set a new conditional formatting rule that looks like this
=$L1-TODAY()<=60
But instead of L you want to put the column with the contract end dates. (You can do it for the whole dataset if you want the entire row highlighted)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back