Need help matching data

RoccoM83

hi

i have two spreadsheets downloaded from separate systems.

the first list has
order number and an amount
the order number is on each list multiple times with different values for item ordered.

the second list has the same but some of the values are different

how can i do a search to find if the data of sheet one match the data on sheet 2?
i need to match each line of the order numbers to see if they have same value on the other sheet.

sorry my explanation is not great

thanks

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Hi Rocco,

I used a vlookup to return the vale of the order from list 2 and put that value next to list one. I then used a simple If function to return "Yes" if they were the same and "No" if they were different.

The formula looked like this =IF(B2=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$B$11,2),"Yes","No").
With the order numbers in column A and order amounts in column B.

Let me know if this works for you.

Upvote 0
RoccoM83,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

1. What version of Excel, and, Windows are you using?

2. Are you using a PC or a Mac?

To start off, and, so that we can get it right on the first try:

Can you post a screenshot of the actual raw data worksheets?

And, can you post a screenshot of the worksheet results (manually formatted by you) that you are looking for?

To post a small screen shot (NOT a graphic, or, picture, or, PNG file, or, flat text) try one of the following:

Click on the below link to see How to display your sheet, and, how to install, download, and, use the MrExcel HTML Maker:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-announcements/515787-forum-posting-guidelines.html

It is always easier to help and test possible solutions if we could work with your actual file.

Perhaps you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com.

Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here.

Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do referring to specific cells and worksheets.

If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
Maybe something like this:

Excel Workbook
ABC
1IDAmountMatch ?
2336A$ 34.00Match
3352A$ 78.00No Match
4325A$ 43.00Match
5309A$ 21.00Match
6325A$ 67.00No Match
7477A$ 54.00Match
8336A$ 87.00No Match
9195A$ 46.00No Match
10336A$ 34.00Match
11333A$ 76.00No Match
12441A$ 45.00Match
Sheet1
Excel Workbook
AB
1IDAmount
2309A$ 21.00
3325A$ 23.00
4336A$ 25.00
5336A$ 34.00
6352A$ 36.00
7336A$ 36.00
8325A$ 43.00
9195A$ 45.00
10441A$ 45.00
11477A$ 54.00
12333A$ 75.00
Sheet2

Upvote 0
Cross-posted here: https://www.excelforum.com/excel-fo...615-help-with-formula-to-match-find-data.html

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back