Joe Carrigan

Board Regular
In column A I have all the days of the financial year, in column M I have my daily takings for each day.
I would like to be able to have a total for each month, what’s the easiest way please?

THanks very much for all your answers guys, Scott T's formula works a treat. I did however forget to mention i also have criteria in column E, so;
In column A I have all the days of the financial year, in column M I have my daily takings for each day.
I would like to be able to have a total for each month, but only if column E equals "S". what’s the easiest way please?

The easiest way is probably to just create a pivot table, you can use column A as your row labels, and column M as your values, and use column E (S) as your report filter, or even another column with a filter on it. You can have multiple filters and even add in column labels to have more conditions.
The beauty of a pivot table is you can have a ton of conditions and you can change them very easily at any moment to capture exactly what you need. It's a very powerful tool that is very user friendly so make sure to look into that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Do you have any rows where the dates in col A are between the dates in P3 & Q3, and col E has an "S"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirek8991

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back