Import data from text/CSV without headers?

plasticinhialeah

I use Excel 2019 and I'm trying to import some data from text/CSV, but the data I'm importing has headers, and I don't want them. Is there a way I can remove the headers and their formatting from the text before importing? I don't want to just delete the row with the headers after I import the text.

I'm not sure about 2019 but...

textimportatrow.png

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Yeah, I don't think 2019 has that Wizard. It just has a Query Editor that has all the "Transform Data" options in different tabs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You know, for the purposes of this thread, I think it would be easier if I just got an answer from someone who uses Excel 2019, since it seems the process is much different in 2019 than in previous versions.

Upvote 0
doesn't matter, just use it

or try

Click on “File” –> “Options” –> “Data” and set the corresponding checkmarks for reactivating the “Text Import Wizard” in Excel. Start the text import by clicking on “Data” –>”Get Data” –> “Legacy Wizards” –> “From Text (Legacy)”.

Text-Import-Wizard.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The shortcut only seems to function similarly to selecting the "from text/CSV" option, and there are no legacy wizards in that menu as far as I checked.

Upvote 0
if you don't know where is it in Options:

Restore-Text-Import-Wizard.png

edit:
maybe Excel should be restarted

btw. I uninstalled Office 2019 because it was useless for me and I will wait for 2020 :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sandy's post #19 has the additional information needed to reactivate the legacy Wizards in the menu. The Get and Transform method is better (in most cases) once past the learning curve.
Once the Legacy Wizards are activated through the application's options, an additional sub-menu will be available for the various Legacy wizards activated in the options.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back