VBA Help Required

Camilla1980

I am completely ignorant of all things VBA and would be unbelievably grateful if someone could help me with this scenario:
I, along with other colleagues, complete 6 different tasks numerous times a day and capture each completed task on the relevant spreadsheet (6 spreadsheets in total - let’s call them a1,b2,c3,d4,e5,f6) each task is listed individually and so I could have 30 entries on each of the 6 sheets per day.
Other than the name, all spreadsheets are identical in layout with columns A-H.
The date is entered in column D
The colleague’s name is entered in column F
When task is done, ‘completed’ is entered in column H

I’d like to capture the number of times I’ve completed each of the tasks, by volume per day, based on when ‘completed’ is entered in column H on the original spreadsheets.
So I have a summary spreadsheet where I’d like to import the data, with the dates listed in A2-A32 and the 6 tasks listed in B2-G2.
Any advice would be be amazing - thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hi Camilla1980. I hope this response helps get things started. Is there any reason you don't have all this data in one spreadsheet with a tab each for a1, b2, c3, d4, e5 and f6 and then with a Summary tab? That may simplify things. Let us know your thoughts. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hi goesr,
Thanks for the speedy response but unfortunately, the spreadsheets need to be separate. They contain personal data and so to collate them could be a data privacy issue as not all colleagues have access to all sheets.
I suppose even if they were in a workbook on separate tabs, I'd still need to collate the data from the individual sheets by date.
Many thanks for the suggestion, though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back