Removing all Spaces

PvtSmity

Hi All,
I have 1 column with a series of numbers that has 6 digits then 2 spaces and then 4 to 5 digits. i am trying to remove both spaces. I am able to remove 1 space with TRIM but I need to remove the 2nd space. My co-worker has a concatenate that has no spaces and can't add spaces to their concatenate cause it is looking at info across our network. Is there a formula that can remove both spaces or should a macro be written to remove them?

248141 24000
248141 5000

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Hi All,
I have 1 column with a series of numbers that has 6 digits then 2 spaces and then 4 to 5 digits. i am trying to remove both spaces. I am able to remove 1 space with TRIM but I need to remove the 2nd space. My co-worker has a concatenate that has no spaces and can't add spaces to their concatenate cause it is looking at info across our network. Is there a formula that can remove both spaces or should a macro be written to remove them?

248141 24000
248141 5000

If you are doing this by formula, use the SUBSTITUTE function to change " " to "". Note that if you use the suggested SUBSTITUTE function, you will no longer need to use TRIM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The easiest way it to just use Find/Replace replacing one single space with nothing. That will remove all spaces for all records at once.
You can make this VBA code, if you want, by turning on the Macro Recorder and doing this process manually.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back