can i built with Excel a predicting model for sport betting?

nivo11

hello everyone

i just found this forum from google
i was trying to find statistic tool to predict soccer results and people told me that i should use Excel

what i want is to input the previous results and the software show to me

-the possibility of the X outcome to happen
-the tendencies and the streams for given outcomes (let say the team X had overs in the last 4 games out of 5)

can this happen by using excel?

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Not sure if its what your after but i have built a poisson distribution sheet, you do have to input some data yourself however ive set it up so it returns the top 3 highest percentages

Upvote 0
Not sure if its what your after but i have built a poisson distribution sheet, you do have to input some data yourself however ive set it up so it returns the top 3 highest percentages

es that would be very helpfull
can you share?

Upvote 0
Hello All,

I am in the process of working up something similar myself. I am looking to take certain analytical stats and use them via a formula to predetermine an outcome as best as possible. For example, here is a formula for basketball i saw on a Reddit Post:
  • Offense Rating =.4(team EFg%)+.25(1-team TO rate)+.2(team off reb %)+.15(team FT rate)
  • Defense Rating =.4(1-opp team EFg%)+.25(opp team TO rate)+.2(1-opp off reb %)+.15(1-opp team FT rate)
  • Total Rating = Offense Rating + Defense Rating
In this instance, theoretically the team with the better "Total Rating" would be more likely to win. I want to use something similar, but maybe with a few more advanced statistics. I would like to add maybe Offensive Points Per Possession and Defensive Points Per Possession. I am currently in phase one. Which is developing an excel sheet that data pulls and updates the before said statistics daily. Once i have that am i in the right place to find help regarding the formula i will need? I am very green when it comes to excel and do not know much of its capabilities.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back