Pivot Table Print Area

mykeee

I have a pivot table that I have created a slicer for in order to select the data I want displayed. I created this pivot table as an attendance sheet for meetings. The pivot table grabs data from a spreadsheet containing all our employees. The person printing the attendance sheet would select from the slicer which department is having the meeting and print out the sheet.

The problem I am having is with printing the sheet. In the two rows above the pivot table is information I want printed on the sheet as well, such as the date of the meeting, and the reason for the meeting. I am having trouble setting up the print area. Obviously I don't want the slicer printed on the sheet, but I do want the pivot table and the two rows above it. My first instinct was to select all departments on the slicer, and set the print area based on what was displayed. This could be up to 14 pages, however most times we would print out one department's sheet at a time which would only be 1 or two pages. So if I set up the print area this way and print one department's sheet, it still prints 14 pages, with the last 13 being blank.

Alternatively I have tried just setting the pivot table as the print area, and then it prints the appropriate number of pages, however it does not print the two lines above it containing the date and reason for the meeting.

I also tried clearing the print area, but then the slicer (which is at the top of the page) is printed as well, and I don't want this.

My thoughts were that if there were a way I could add a couple rows to the top of the pivot table that would work as I could just set the pivot table as the print area, but I can't figure out how to do that (if it is possible).

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
You can set the Slicer as a non-printing object.
Right Click the Object, Size and Properties. Under Properties, uncheck Print Object.

For a ROW field, you can have Page Breaks Inserted.
Right Click a value in the desired Row Field. Choose Field Settings, Layout & Print. Click the Insert page Break after each item.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianhfield

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back