Create user-generated or auto-generated report from password-protected shared spreadsheet Excel 2013

Wolfster63

My healthcare facility currently used a shared, password protected spreadsheet to schedule procedures for physicians.

Is there a way I can create a user-generated report (basically a daily schedule) from the spreadsheet?

I've attempted to link data to another workbook and/or create a linked report in word. But to use that linking it wants the user to sign into the shared spreadsheet and that causes a lot of security issues.

Failing with a user generated report, my fall back could be an automatically generated report to word or excel that could put the filtered items on a printer friendly format for those needing basic scheduling info.

The scenario would be for the user to go to a shared network folder and either create a schedule that has the latest info available from the secure spreadsheet or just have a report that can auto-generate every hour or so.

I'm looking for general ideas here and what folks think may work the best.

Our facility uses Excel 2013.

The shared, secured spreadsheet is only accessed by three people and is on the same shared drive as the report folder if that helps.

Thanks,

Will

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeerMan23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back