Remove Columns

AlexanderBB

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
One of my worksheets stops at column "Z" and there's nothing to the right of it.
How did I do this ? Can't remember and can't find how from Google.
Thanks.

range("a:xfd").entirecolumn.hidden=false
and Enter.
That brings up error "Application defined of object-defined error"

Dante I select all the cells, then a right click (otherwise selection is gone) the menu has no "Show"

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
range("a:xfd").entirecolumn.hidden=false
and Enter.
That brings up error "Application defined of object-defined error"

Dante I select all the cells, then a right click (otherwise selection is gone) the menu has no "Show"

You could upload a copy of your file to a free site such www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
That was a good idea Dante.. here goes

You needed to change the width of columns as I mentioned in post#3

Maybe you changed the width of columns. Select all the cells, change the column width to 10.

Select all the cells, click on any column, select from popup menu Column Witdh, write 10, press Ok.

Upvote 0
You do not right click the selection... you right click any letter in the column header (the part of the worksheet with the A, B, C, etc. on it.)

Upvote 0
This is becoming weird... No columns need change their widths (the widths are correct). I wanted to know how the columns become restricted to "Z".

>Select all the cells, click on any column, select from popup menu Column Witdh, write 10, press Ok.
If I select all the cells and click a column, it all becomes not selected, if I right click a menu appears but there is no "Column Widths" option.

Upvote 0
Oh Cricky thanks Rick.. that's undone whatever it was, but how does it get like it was ?

Upvote 0
Oh Cricky thanks Rick.. that's undone whatever it was, but how does it get like it was ?

That... I do not know. I mean I do know how to do it (select a column, with the Shift key pressed press the End key followed by the Right Arrow key, then right click a column header letter and select Hide from the popup menu), but it is hard to believe you did it without knowing that you did it.

Upvote 0
Cool, thanks Rick, and the others (Sorry I didn't follow what you meant). I would have know how at the time but it may have been 5 years ago!
LOL pretty simple when you know.... thanks again.

Upvote 0
Cool, thanks Rick, and the others (Sorry I didn't follow what you meant). I would have know how at the time but it may have been 5 years ago!
LOL pretty simple when you know.... thanks again.

You just had to put a new column width to all the columns, that will show all the columns.
As I commented from post #3

But hey, the important thing is that you already have all your columns.

I'm glad to help you. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back