Return a value from a different cell for two times a year

rubenovik

Hi, I have been looking and trying for a formula that will return a given value from a different cell for the last given date of the month of June and the last given date of December. So far I haven't been able to create a correct one. Hopefully it is possible.
Dates are in column A and spread with a period of 14 days apart. The formula would return the provided value in cell F10 to column C when the last date of the period in June and December is found. Dates run infinitely with the very first date in cell A2 changing once in a while. This is the URL to the location of a picture of the first page. Thanks in advance.
Folder%20for%20sharing

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzpq200o3yjnbld/test.PNG?dl=0

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Are we talking of every June and December or just in 2019? This would work for 2019 if you have MAXIFS function. Depends on your version of excel.

=IF(OR(A2=MAXIFS(A:A,A:A,">="&DATE(2019,6,1),A:A,"<"&DATE(2019,7,1)),A2=MAXIFS(A:A,A:A,">="&DATE(2019,12,1),A:A,"<"&DATE(2020,1,1))),$F$1,"")

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. The dates on my spreadsheet run from 2019 to 2050. I tried this formula but realized the Excel version is from 2010 which doesn't include the MAXIFS function. I wonder if I have to update to a new version now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TS_711

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back