Is there any way to copy relative references with table formulas.

TomCon

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Example of what i want: If in cell A3 I have the formula =A1+A2, and if i copy that to another sheet, cell A3, the pasted formula will be exactly "=A1+A2", and it will refer to the cells A1 and A2 in the destination sheet. The formulas are not changed to be hard-coded to refer back to the cells in the source sheet for the copy operation.

But, apparently, in table language (I seem to have discovered), if you do a paste, a reference to the source table is inserted.
So, if a table has the following formula:
=F2+[@TiElMinAdj]
and if i copy that formula and then paste it into another table, a reference to the source table name appears to be inserted into the formula (in this case Table13 is the source table not the destination table). Here is the result of the paste.
=F2+Table13[@TiElMinAdj]

Is there any way to eliminate this undesirable behavior with table formulas, so that these paste just like other worksheet formulas, and that they refer to references in their new, destination sheet/table, and do not refer back to the source sheet from which they were copied?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
If you copy the formula from the formula bar rather than copying a cell, it will paste as an identical formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back