Conditional Formatting with Multiple Criteria

Scott3561

I'm am trying to turn cells that meet specific criteria in a single column a color.

I am able to do this if I want one specific thing colored, but I'm trying to, again, do it to multiple criteria.

Imagine if you will Column I has infinite rows, each cell in Column I has a five digit number ie. 12345, 12346, 12347, 12348, etc. These numbers duplicate frequently. I want to high light the cells that read 12345, 12347, 12349 in column I the color red.

How can I do this... I've tried all of my limited knowledge.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Select your range, open Conditional Formatting and enter this:

Code:
=OR(I1=12345,I1=12347,I1=12349)

You could also select the entire I column and apply the same conditional formatting to allow for more rows being use eventually in the I column.

Upvote 0
If you have many numbers from which you want to select from you can also use array formula to identify with the help of an helper column and then apply conditional formatting like:

1. Column A has all the list of numbers and Column F has the list which I would want to highlight, then enter the formula =SUM(IF(A1=$F$1:$F$3,1,0)) then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Copy this down the rows
2. Select Column A & Column B then go to Conditional Formatting and click on "Use a formula to determine which cell to format" and enter =$B1=1 there.

PS: Range $F$1:$F$3 can be expanded to the number of entries you want to highlight.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back