Checkbox and conditional format

msal727

Hello! Once again I come to you guys in hopes of finding a solution to my problem.

I have this sheet where it shows a list of our clients. We have about 13 offerings(products) and I want to color code them, so that when I look at client 1, I can see they show red and blue so that means they want product 1 and 2. I was trying to find a way where I could show multiple colors within one cell, but all I found was using the gradient feature and that doesnt work for me. I then thought about adding 13 narrow columns and having a checkbox represent 1 product, and may adding a conditional formatting that if that cell is checked it would turn the color assigned to that product, but again all I was able to find was correlating it to the linked cell which would be a pain because every time a client is added whoever is managing the file would have to update that and we are trying to make it very user friendly.

Any thoughts, feedback or suggestions you may have? (VBA or anything else is welcomed)

Hopefully this made sense. TIA!!!:biggrin:

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Why dont you just have (this sounds like what you are saying) a list of clients in column A starting at row 2
and the 13 products in columns B-N with a header describing the products in row 1

If you select the range B2:B10001
and apply condtional formatting to that area checking that column A is filled then the range will stay blank until you enter a client in column A

e.g.

Select the range B2:B100001 (allows for up to 100000 clients)
Use the formula

=AND($A2<>"",B2<>"")
format as a specific colour.

Copy the formatting to the other columns as far as N
Edit each of the formulas, you should only have to change the colour (I think), formula can stay the same
format as required

Upvote 0
How could I apply this if not all 13 products would apply to the same clients? I guess that's where my issue lies. client A may not have bought the same products as client B. My goal is to be able to at a glance see what each client's needs are based on the colors (colors are assigned to a product). Thank you for your feedback!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back