Find unique values then copy to different column

Tomcoll67

Thank you for your help.
I apologize for not having valid code, but I cannot seem to get my head around this problem's solution.
I am trying to determine a way to check each number in column B verses all of column C.

I believe I must loop within a loop to scan the 500 rows of Column C for each cell in Column B.
For each value in column B, if a unique value is found I need to copy it to a new column.

The alternate version of this, I believe, is if a duplicate value is found, to delete both duplicate values. (preferred)

Code:
Dim Rows as Range
Second_Row as Range

For Each Row In Range("B2:B502")
    For Each Second_Row in Range ("C2:C502")
       If Row.Value=Second_Row.Value then 
         Row.Cell.ClearContents
       Else
          Continue

Second_Row = Second_Row + 1

Next Second_Row

Row=Row+1
Next Row

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I believe I must loop within a loop to scan the 500 rows of Column C for each cell in Column B.
For each value in column B, if a unique value is found I need to copy it to a new column.
For the second loop, you can do a range.find instead.

Upvote 0
I am trying to determine a way to check each number in column B verses all of column C.

See if this does what you want without any looping. I have assumed that row 1 contains headings and columns G & H are empty.
Code:
Sub New_List()
  Range("G2").Formula = "=ISERROR(MATCH(B2,C$2:C$502,0))"
  Range("B1:B502").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=Range("G1:G2"), CopyToRange:=Range("H1"), Unique:=True
  Range("G2").ClearContents
End Sub

If this does not produce the results you want, please explain more clearly and/or give a small set of sample data and the expected results.

Upvote 0
See if this does what you want without any looping. I have assumed that row 1 contains headings and columns G & H are empty.
Code:
Sub New_List()
  Range("B1:B502").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=Range("G1:G2"), CopyToRange:=Range("H1"), Unique:=True
End Sub

If this does not produce the results you want, please explain more clearly and/or give a small set of sample data and the expected results.

Thank you, This works for column B.
I do apologize for forgetting to put in the requirement of doing the same for Column C, which should obtain the unique values and place in the row after the column B copied items.
I tried to use the code but change values for Column C but it errors, does nothing, or copies the entire column to the column after the items copied from Column B.
Could you please help?
Thank you,

Upvote 0
.. the requirement of doing the same for Column C, which should obtain the unique values ..
Do you mean that column C values should be checked against column B values and put in the new list if they do not appear in column B?

If so, try
Code:
Sub New_List_v2()
  Range("G2").Formula = "=ISERROR(MATCH(C2,B$2:B$502,0))"
  Range("C1:C502").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=Range("G1:G2"), CopyToRange:=Range("I1"), Unique:=True
End Sub

If not, please explain more clearly and/or give a small set of sample data and the expected results.

Upvote 0
I apologize for not being clear. I need to find the unique values in Both B and C. Comparing B to C and C to B, but never B to B or C to C.
Does this help explain the issue?
I do thank you for taking the time to help me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I need to find the unique values in Both B and C. Comparing B to C and C to B, but never B to B or C to C.
So, did you try my last code?
If it does not do what you want, please give a small set of sample data and the expected results.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Works perfectly.
Sorry for any confusion I caused.

Thank you!!! for your help. I never could have thought of this solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back