Cell Formatting changes after cell entry

AlInVegas2

I've run into a strange issue where, when typing a formula or numeric value into a cell, its formatting changes from Accounting to Text. This occurs after each entry and requires that I reformat the cell to the desired format everytime. The spreadsheet was originally derived from Quickbooks in the event this might be the source of the aggrevation. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Maybe it helps.
Excel, Options, Adavanced, check or uncheck Transition navigation keys

Also
Check or uncheck
Transition formula evaluation
Transition formula entry.

Test with each of the options

9ecda168561c8e0f2fa87d4b8d22ea52.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried checking all three transition boxes with no change in the result. Then I tried copy/past on a new spreadsheet and the new sheet failed in the same way. I then deleted all the conditional formatting and the problem went away. I attempted one by one to figure which created the issue.. Wont have time to test until tmw.

Upvote 0
I tried checking all three transition boxes with no change in the result. Then I tried copy/past on a new spreadsheet and the new sheet failed in the same way. I then deleted all the conditional formatting and the problem went away. I attempted one by one to figure which created the issue.. Wont have time to test until tmw.

Well, I did not know about the existence of conditional formatting. But it's good to know that you already solved it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back