Custom views

Martel

Workbook has no tables and no protected sheets. Have created several custom views but excel does not successfully switch between them e.g. view “males only” works. Switch view to show people from e.g. certain town - also works but switch back to “males” only view and it fails - includes “females as well. These are simple examples only. Have other more complex views but Excel fails to set view correctly as defined. I have tried Microsoft support but they were no help. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thank you

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Excel Custom Views

Hi. This is not an answer to my thread. I am Martel, live in Devon and still thwarted by the excel custom view feature. I am new to this forum so apologies if i am breaking any rules. I had no replies so hoping by re-wording and re-submitting i may get some response.

My workbook has no tables or protected sheets. i have created a default custom which shows all data and columns. i then create another custom view to show ‘male’ members only. this works fine but when i select ‘default view’ again this not work - view shows ‘male’ only is still applied. anyone else experienced this problem? Perhaps I am the only person with this issue. Workbook and VBA content work fine in all other respects. Thanks in anticipation. Martel [/FONT][/FONT]

Upvote 0
When I try using Custom Views I have no problem

Select a range give it a custom View name

Then when you select that name from the custom view Dialog Box your taken to that custom View.

Upvote 0
When I try using Custom Views I have no problem

Select a range give it a custom View name

Then when you select that name from the custom view Dialog Box your taken to that custom View.

Hello and thank you. Not sure if I am doing this correctly, not clued up yet on how this forum thing works.

Sorry, not understanding your range suggestion. Given that my “default view “ would be the entire sheet, how would a filter on just one column e.g ‘gender’ work. Or are you suggesting I apply the filter then give the whole sheet a range name to use as a custom view name..? Sorry if i am being wooden but thanks for your response. I will try your suggestion ASAP and get back.

Upvote 0
Your original post said:
Workbook has no tables and no protected sheets

But then you said:
i then create another custom view to show ‘male’ members only

How do you do this if your not using a table filter

You also said:
how would a filter on just one column e.g ‘gender’ work

A filter is normally used with a table but you said:
Workbook has no tables and no protected sheets
<strike>
</strike>

Upvote 0
Hi. Returning to an issue which I first raised back in 2019 but never got a working solution. Would like to try again

A worksheet with only 4 columns : Firstname, Surname, ID Number and Current Y/N

Set up Custom View 1 to sort by Surname, Firstname , filter on Current Y/N to be YES

Set up Custom View 2 to sort by ID number, with same filter

Changing Custom View from ribbon does not change the view. As previously reported, there are no tables in the workbook. Has anybody else experienced this or similar issue please?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffman431a

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back