Excel workbook filtering

gibbopool2003

I have a massive Excel workbook made up of 13 worksheets of mobile phone info, what I want to do is be able to filter all the numbers that have had no data, no calls, no texts for the past 6 months or so...is this possible. Each work sheet is a month of data.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
Can you give some information on the structure of the data? What are the columns? What does the data look like the rows? Etc.

Upvote 0
The columns are laid out as Name, Group Code, Phone, Username, Call Vol, Data Vol, Events, Duration. The row will have a 5 Character code in it, location, mobile number, name of the user, how many calls it has made, how many bytes of data used, and number of text messages (Events). I need to filter or show phones that have had, zero call vol, zero data vol and zero events for at least 6months.....all sheets are setup the same and there are 13 months worth of data seperated into month tabs along the bottom labelled May 2019 all the way back to April 2018

Upvote 0
for this I would us CTR+SHIFT+RIGHTARROW+DOWNARROW on the first record of each sheet to highlight all of your data and copy it over to the end of the table on the first sheet. This will consolidate all of your data onto one sheet. After this, simply highlight the header row, insert a filter (sort and filter section of the data tab) and then click the down arrow on the columns of interest. Un-tick all of the values expect for the zero values in each of the desired columns and this should show the records you are interested in. If you click on the 'select all' box first this will un-tick all of the boxes and then you can just tick the zero box.)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back