macro to fix macro?

wmtsub

There is a spreadsheet that is print protected[indented for third party input directly into the sheet - like a questionnaire]. It was print protected in the "
Thisworkbook" so that the 3rd part would need to populate it and return it electronically. However we shot ourselves in the foot as WE need to print it. I will fix the outgoing worksheet but there is a need to print what we already have received. So
I need a macro to clean any existing macro in the workbook "Vendor Set-Up" "Thisworkbook" module and it would be nice if it could also save and close the workbook

This is beyond me. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Just open the file in safe mode, that disables macros.

Upvote 0
Thanks but that is not an option. I wuld like to run a macro to do so. Is that possible?

Upvote 0
Not sure why you feel the need to have a macro, if you don't want to to open the file in safe mode, either open normally & disable the macro,or open the file from a folder that is not trusted.
Those options are a lot easier & safer than using a macro to delete other macros.

Upvote 0
My advice would be to go back to the people that wrote this Excel for you and pay them to provide you with different functionality or to provide you with the IP so you can change it at will

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back