Best solution for Big Dataset search and then making "Statement of Account sheet" for each record

Meesam_ali

Board Regular
Hello Everybody,
I am myself an excel VBA programmer as well as programmer in other languages i.e. Java, JavaScript, Python and C++. Currently I got a project where I have a huge dataset (more than 20,000 records spread over 25 columns) and not only that I have to search each record, I have to actually make a "Statement of Account" for each UNIQUE record. I already have made the full code and it works fine but my problem is that for such a huge data-set its super super slow. This is for obvious reasons as the code has to not only search through entire record but then create a NEW statement of account sheet for each record (which is quite CPU intensive task) and not something excel is good to handle. Can any expert person recommend me any alternate solution using SQL databases (I can shift my data to SQL) and then using some other software i.e. Python or Java to make the final result sheets or layouts. Excel is good for many things but i believe when data gets bigger than certain size then Excel isn't the most suitable solution and Databases should be the right solution.
Any suggestions / ideas are welcome.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
maybe PowerBi.
I can't say more because I don't like PBI but you can try

Upvote 0
Since then I've been looking into PowerBI. Only issue being no support of VBA up till now. But hopefully its gonna help me reduce the search time considerably.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back