Possible formula or VBA solution for cells outside Pivot Table range referencing data to ignore Tier 1 and Tier 2 Row Header?

gtg007q

Shown data is a simplified example of a spreadsheet I'm trying to enhance at work, basically I already have a Pivot Table that automatically pulls data from another data source on daily basis which can change with new items being added or removed due to sales.

To the right of this Pivot Table I have bunch of data that references the data shown in Pivot Table that's from another source to come up with bunch of other calculatios and data, and it's where personel keys in notes, confirmed quantity, etc which are manual fields.

Issue I have is that on these daily updates, the row ranges can move due to the reasons described earlier. While I want people to be able to see the sub totals, I don't want my formulas picking up the values of the sub total at Tier 1 (or Tier 2) because I have other tables that may double count the data.

How I do ensure that whatever formula (or VBA) I use will know to ignore Tier 1 (and 2) row headers and only pick up data if the cell being referenced is at the lowest tier of data?

Row Labels
Sum of QtyExternal Table Data Needed
A
East7777
South9595
Midwest2929
West8585
Intl1111
B307
QQQ97
East9595
South22
XYZ210
Midwest9292
South5353
West6565
C29
Intl2929
<colgroup><col width="100" style="width: 75pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3657;"> <col width="75" style="width: 56pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2742;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;"> <col width="96" style="width: 72pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3510;"> <tbody> </tbody>

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Check out the GETPIVOTDATA function for cell formulas

=GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Qty",A3,"Zone","East")

A3 is a reference to a cell in the PivotTable

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjurney

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back