Update userform controls stored in model via VBA

peejay

Board Regular
Hi
I've not been able to find anything on this via Google, so I'm posted a question on it here in search of some help.
I'm not very conversant with using VBA on userforms so please bare with me if this is something trivial.

I have set up a userform with a set of text labels, some for column names & some for row names for a matrix.
Rather than having to manually update the captions for each textbox I have written a looping macro which will update the captions, however it only updates them in memory and not in the actual stored user form.

If I run the code then display the user form, the changes display (yah!) however I would like these changes to be made 'permanent' to my actual user form (so I don't have to run the code each time I show the user form).

So, I'm hoping (a) this is possible to do and (b) someone could guide me in how to do this please.

This is to allow me to maintain the form in the Excel file independently from displaying the form to the user.

I hope this makes sense?

Here's a copy of my code, which will display the form with updates OK (but leaves the actual form unchanged in my VBA model).
Code:
Sub UsrRiskMatrixSetup()
  Dim ctl As Control
  Dim frm As UserForm
  Dim aryDimTable() As Variant
  Dim rng As Range
  Dim r, c As Integer
  Dim i, j As Integer

Set rng = Dimensions.ListObjects("tblConsequence").DataBodyRange
  Set frm = usrRiskMatrix

aryDimTable = rng.Value
  For i = 1 To UBound(aryDimTable, 1)
    frm.Controls("txtLabelColId" & Format(i, "00")).Caption = Format(aryDimTable(i, 1), "0")
    frm.Controls("txtLabelColDesc" & Format(i, "00")).Caption = aryDimTable(i, 2)
  Next i

usrRiskMatrix.Show
End Sub
I've used debug.print to confirm the FRM control labels have been changed successfully, but after the macro completes, the VBA userform is unchanged.

Many thanks in advance.
PJ

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Pleasure! Glad to help, and thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back