Excel 2016 minimizes when dragging between dual monitors (I think this occured after an Excel update)

DougStroud

A recent issue of Excel worksheets are reduced in size when dragging them across to the secondary monitor requiring the worksheet to be enlarged to it's full size after dragging to the second monitor. I believe this occurred after a recent Microsoft Excel update as this now occurs in my and my supervisor's Excel on different computers.

I have tried opening a blank worksheet, maximizing it and then closing which appears to work, but, when I drag it to the second monitor it reduces to 1/4 of the size and this happens going from either monitor.

Appreciate it very much if anyone has a solution.

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Well that's peculiar. I get the same. Dragging the Excel window to a another monitor makes Excel a shrinked up window. Going each direction does the same. My only solution is to avoid letting go of the mouse until you glide the Excel window all the way to the top of the target monitor; when you let go, it will maximize.

Upvote 0
A recent issue of Excel worksheets are reduced in size when dragging them across to the secondary monitor requiring the worksheet to be enlarged to it's full size after dragging to the second monitor. I believe this occurred after a recent Microsoft Excel update as this now occurs in my and my supervisor's Excel on different computers.

I have tried opening a blank worksheet, maximizing it and then closing which appears to work, but, when I drag it to the second monitor it reduces to 1/4 of the size and this happens going from either monitor.

Appreciate it very much if anyone has a solution.

I have found a partial answer, but not a complete solution. If I select and drag the worksheet down from the top of the monitor it reduces the size of the sheet rather than just moving it down. Coincidingly if I drag it to the second monitor and hold it/ place it at the top it resizes to the full screen. This is a new behavior so I must have inadvertently done something to make it resize when moving it. I'd like to revert to Excel not resizing when moving.

Upvote 0
I suspect it's a MSWindows deal - it's not unique to Office. Lots of programs behave like that, I have just discovered.

Just toss your windows to the top of the target screen. It's hardly a burden.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back