Excel 2016 will no record macros to change text color

ksadeckas

I am running Excel 2016 and have tried to record simple macros that just change the font color. Nothing is recorded. The same happens for other text changes like bold, highlight, italics. I can manually type in Selection.Font.Color = vbRed into the macroand it works.

Anyone know what is happening here and how to fix it?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Welcome to the Board!

I have never heard of that happening. Do you have multiple sessions of Excel open at once?
I am wondering if you are recording macros in one session, but applying the formatting changes to a different Excel session.
When this happens, are you able to get ANY code to show up at all?

Upvote 0
I am only running one instance of Excel and when I try to record nothing shows up in the Macro. If I include text changes in other lines, the others show up but not the text changes.

Upvote 0
I am running Excel 2016 and have tried to record simple macros that just change the font color. Nothing is recorded. The same happens for other text changes like bold, highlight, italics. I can manually type in Selection.Font.Color = vbRed into the macroand it works.

Anyone know what is happening here and how to fix it?

Are you using conditional Formatting? I've heard of the macros not recording when using "Manage Rules", but working when clicking "New Rule"

Upvote 0
Are you using conditional Formatting? I've heard of the macros not recording when using "Manage Rules", but working when clicking "New Rule"

I am not using conditional formatting. I just want to highlight cells manually using a macro. I use it when I am reviewing Excel reports to highlight issues.

Upvote 0
If you open up a brand new Excel file, turn on the Macro Recorder, enter an entry into cell A1 and then try to apply some formatting to it, and then stop the Macro Recorder, how much of that gets recorded?
If that all works, then it points to something with the particular file that you are working on?
Is it truly an Excel file? How is the file being created?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back