Index match function

ericlzh

Dear All,

I could like to use INDEX MATCH function to obtain a specific data that i need from Raw Data. How can i implement the formula?
Please refer to example below.
Thank you all.

Raw Data (Sheet 1):-
Master Account#Buyer AccountSeller Account
1ABCDGABCDABCD
1EFGHGEFGHEFGH
1IJKLGIJKLIJKL
1MNOPGMNOP-LMNOP-S

<colgroup><col span="3"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Formula Function to be applied (Sheet 2):-
Buyer
Account
Seller
Account
Expected Result
01ABCDGABCD
1EFGHG0EFGH
1MNOPG0MNOP-L
01MNOPGMNOP-S

</tbody>

</tbody>

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Would you be more specific about how the Raw Data translates to the output in Sheet2?

Upvote 0
Try this

<table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:12pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#0000FF;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b>Sheet2</b></td></tr></table>
<table border="1" cellspacing="0" style="font-family:Calibri,Arial; font-size:11pt; background-color:#ffffff; "> <colgroup><col style="font-weight:bold; width:30px; " /><col style="width:136.87px;" /><col style="width:161.58px;" /><col style="width:131.17px;" /></colgroup><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:8pt; "><td > </td><td >A</td><td >B</td><td >C</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >1</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">Buyer Account</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">Seller Account</td><td style="background-color:#92d050; font-weight:bold; text-align:center; ">Expected Result</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >2</td><td style="text-align:right; ">0</td><td >1ABCDG</td><td >ABCD</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >3</td><td >1EFGHG</td><td style="text-align:right; ">0</td><td >EFGH</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >4</td><td >1MNOPG</td><td style="text-align:right; ">0</td><td >MNOP-L</td></tr><tr style="height:19px ;" ><td style="font-size:8pt; background-color:#cacaca; text-align:center; " >5</td><td style="text-align:right; ">0</td><td >1MNOPG</td><td >MNOP-S</td></tr></table><br /><table style="font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt; border-style: groove ;border-color:#00ff00;background-color:#fffcf9; color:#000000; "><tr><td ><b></b></td></tr><tr><td ><table border = "1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9pt;"><tr style="background-color:#cacaca; font-size:10pt;"><td >Cell</td><td >Formula</td></tr><tr><td >C2</td><td >=VLOOKUP(IF(A2=0,B2,A2),Sheet1!$A$1:$C$5,IF(A2=0,3,2),0)</td></tr></table></td></tr></table>

Upvote 0
Would you be more specific about how the Raw Data translates to the output in Sheet2?

Hi Kweaver,

Under Sheet 2, the Buyer & Seller account were mapped from other sheet tab i.e. Sheet 3 by using ='Sheet3'!A2.
As there is only either buyer or seller side, one column will be ''0'' and the other will appear the ''account code''

As of now, i need to lookup the account from Sheet 1 to Sheet 2 under the single column 'expected result'.

Hope this clarifies.

Upvote 0
Hi Dante,

I am required to lookup additional value to get the same result, and I think Index & Match is a more appropriate formula to implement (I may need to also lookup more values in future to obtain same result).

Will you be able to show me how to work on the formula? I have provided the below data for our reference. Thanks!

(Raw Data)
Master Account Buyer Seller Product
1ABCDG ABCD-1 ABCD-1 Oil
1ABCDG ABCD-2 ABCD-2 Metals
1EFGHG EFGH-L EFGH-S Oil

(Trade Entry Worksheet)
Buyer Seller Traded product Expected Results
1ABCDG 0 Oil ABCD-1
0 1ABCDG Metals ABCD-2
0 1EFGHG Oil EFGH-S

Upvote 0
I have re-post below for better clarity.

(Raw Data)

Master Account
Buyer
Seller
Product
1ABCDG
ABCD-1
ABCD-1
Oil
1ABCDG
ABCD-2
ABCD-2
Metals
1EFGHG
EFGH-L
EFGH-S
Oil
(Trade Entry Worksheet)

Buyer
Seller
Traded product
Expected Results
1ABCDG
Oil
ABCD-1
1ABCDG
Metals
ABCD-2
1EFGHG
Oil
EFGH-S

<tbody fgid="48248">
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back