Conditional Formatting Stopped Updating

americantuna

Hello all,

I am having an issue with conditional formatting not updating in my cells. It was working this morning and at some point stopped. However, if I save the file, close it, then reopen it, updates show up just fine. But, if I do that and start working in it again, the cells don't update until I close it out and reopen.

I haven't added any columns or rows to my table, so it shouldn't be breaking any chains.

I've cleared out my formatting and reentered all of them. I also tried restarting the computer. Both with no luck.

Anyone know if this is just a bug that will clear up, or is there an option I need to check for?

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Do you have calculation mode set to Manual?
If you click F9, does it update?

Upvote 0
Do you have calculation mode set to Manual?
If you click F9, does it update?

I don't know how to tell if it's set to Manual or not.

It does not update if I use F9. I still have to close the workbook and reopen it to get it to be correct.

Upvote 0
I am talking about the pressing the "F9" key on your keyboard, not typing in F9.
That is the calculation key. If your calculation mode was set to manual, pressing F9 forces a calculation.

In order for us to analyze, I think we need to know exactly what your Conditional Formatting formulas are, and what your data looks like.

Upvote 0
I am talking about the pressing the "F9" key on your keyboard, not typing in F9.
That is the calculation key. If your calculation mode was set to manual, pressing F9 forces a calculation.

In order for us to analyze, I think we need to know exactly what your Conditional Formatting formulas are, and what your data looks like.

No, I understood the F9 key.

When I push F9, it does indeed work.

Upvote 0
So I did some digging around and found that the Calculation Options was indeed set to Manual. I didn't know this button existed in the Formulas tab.

I've switched it back to Auto and it works fine now.

Thank you for leading me in that direction. I appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fairooza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back