Custom Sort - problem with a comma in an entry

zookeepertx

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all!

I'm trying to set up a custom sort in VBA, but I ran into a problem. I'm establishing the array to use for the sort and it's fine except that one of the items being sorted is called "Invoice, Commercial" and it's affecting the sort, since there are commas separating the array elements. Here's the full custom list:

"Broker's Invoice,Bill of Lading,Cargo Release,Invoice,Commercial,Packing List,CF 7501,Rated Invoice,Delivery Order,Receiving,Payment (Debit) Advice,FWS3177,CITES,NMG Audit,Checklist,CF 7501-REVISED", _
DataOption:=xlSortNormal

Also, VBA doesn't seem to want to let me wrap that long list to encompass 2-3 lines in the code. Does it just HAVE to string out way to the right or is there some way other than space/underscore/enter?

Thank you!

Jenny

Hi again, Moshi.

Sorry to be so long in replying; I was off for a couple of days.

I tried this most recent code you provided, but it doesn't seem to want to do right either. It just doesn't sort at all.
There are 15 items in the custom list; LBound is 0 and UBound is 14, so I gather that accounts for all 15 items. But when I step through the code and get to the section where Case is 68, if I hover over CustomListCount the little popup box says 13! I don't know if that means anything but it seemed odd to me.

I'm completely at a loss.

I haven't gotten a chance to look at the links you provided because I've been catching up from being gone; I'll look at them later.

Thanks

Jenny

Can you provide a link to the workbook ? Also can you provide what the output should be ? The macro works perfectly on my end.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Hi there. I was just looking through some of my old posts on here and realized that I hadn't thanked you properly for your help and patience with all my questions! You were a big help and really sped up the process I was working on.

Thank you and have a great day!

Jenny

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msilva74

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back