Formula to pull information

morangsters

Hi from Canada! I found some very helpful formulas thus far to help simplify a very data-filled admin job. I can not seem to figure out how to get the information that I want presented and hope that someone can help. I am not as fluent in Excel as I wish to be...

I have a list of close to 500 students bron down in 3 columns - Student Id's, names, and campus (there are 4 campus' around Canada). Students can apply for a monthly program between Oct & May. My manager provides this list with a different column for each month and an "Approved" or "Denied" next to each student who applied for that particular month.

I want to create a separate sheet within the workbook that tells me each month, who is on the list, without having to recopy all of the information. I want to have fluidity in the sheet that if the person working in Toronto Campus can pull their information from the same sheet as the one who is working in Vancouver, just by changing the parameter from YYZ to YVR ( I used data validity drop down arrows to change the campus).

For similar spreadsheets, I use Vlookup, but I have to enter the Student ID for the rest of the information to populate. In this scenario, I want to enter the Month and Campus and see all the IDs/Names populated. The challenge I am hit with is the Approved/Denied within the month column.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much in advance!

I also want to enter OCTOBER (or November or January etc...) and have all those who applied for * and were approved for* that particular month to populate.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
With PivotTable you can choose All (Month | Campus) and Status = Approved

edit:
I also want to enter OCTOBER (or November or January etc...) and have all those who applied for * and were approved for* that particular month to populate.
do you know how PivotTable works?

anyway check all three solutions
Monthly Program

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back