RE: Displaying a userform reminder to appear on future days and times from current userform values of date and time...

chazrab

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
RE: Displaying a userform reminder to appear on future days and times from current userform values of date and time...

I don't know if this has been fully developed before but I need just a little guidance in the heart of the reminder I'm developing. I’ve already developed code for a userform with Textbox1, DTPicker1 (Date format) and DTPicker2(Time format) to display at multiple times on the SAME day using
Code:
t1hr = Now() + TimeSerial(1, 0, 0)
 Application.OnTime t1hr, "RunSetMSG1HR"

This will also work with any variable t for time:
Code:
t1hr = Now() + t
The RunSetMSG1HR just displays the userform. In the case above, the userform pops up 1 hour after it is entered. It works great for any other times – as long as they are all on the SAME day. One caveat is that each instance of the userform displayed at the time specified MUST BE CLOSED or the subsequent(later) userforms won't display with their future set time values.

The even bigger issue and the heart of this and any reminder created for and used within an Excel app is this:
Code:
to set reminders on future days and at multiple times during these future days. 
To me, the code must be (1) in the Workbook Open event and 
(2)  must have the ability to check against Now() for different times in cells on rows in that Date column on that and other days.
I don’t know if a For Loop or a Find and FindNext in conjunction with Application.onTime needs to be implemented.

I tried to keep this short without sacrificing detail. I feel certain this can be done, and easily with a minimum of coding. Can someone help me with this ?

Thanks for anyone's help.
cr

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back