IF Two or more values found in range on same row

milleniummanp7

Hey Folks,

Looking for some help with a bit of logic I'm stuck on. I've done this before, and for the life of me I can't remember how.

In Sheet 1, I have two cells that I populate manually with the values I'm looking for. In the case of the example I've provided, I've said I'm looking for country England, and region south-west.
Also in Sheet 1, down below this table I have a Summary table. It's referencing Sheet 2, with the intention being to search the table and return Yes or No based on whether a single record matches the criteria.

So I've set the country to England and the Region to South-West.
In sheet two, record 00001 matches this criteria. Therefore, I want to return Yes in the country and region match field.

Essentially, I'm saying IF Sheet1!B1 is found in Sheet2!B:B and Sheet1!B2 is found in Sheet2!C:C on the same same row in Sheet then Sheet1!B4 is Yes

Can anyone explain how I can do this? I think it's a combo of INDEX/MATCH but really stuck here.

Many thanks!

Sheet 1

AB
1CountryEngland
2RegionSouth-West

<tbody>
</tbody>

AB
4Country and Region Match?Yes

<tbody>
</tbody>

Sheet 2
ABC
RecordCountryRegion
100001EnglandSouth-West
200002EnglandNorth-East
300003EnglandNorth-West
400004ScotlandWest
500005WalesNorth
600006WalesEast

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Try

B4
=IF(COUNTIFS(Sheet2!B:B,B1,Sheet2!C:C,B2),"Yes","No")

M.

Thank you! COUNTIFS works, and I'm actually a little ashamed it was that easy!

Follow up question - what's the correct syntax for doing a >= or <= in a COUNTIF using a cell value?

I made this formula, saying if column AC = W and the value in column T is between 5.6 and 6.6, then count.

=COUNTIFS(Sheet1!T$6:T$1000,">=5.6",Sheet1!T$6:T$1000,"<=6.6",Sheet1!AC$6:AC$1000,"W")

However I can only get it working using the manually entered 5.6/6.6. What I'm actually doing is a margin of error calculation
On my current sheet I have a cell H3 which contains a manually entered value, 6.1. I want the countif to return all values +/- 0.5 of that manually entered value (between 5.6 and 6.1 in this case).

So instead of the manually entered values, I'm looking for something like below. Problem is, the (H3+0.5) doesn't work because it's in quotations. If I take away the quotations, or just try to put the quotations around the ">=", the formula won't enter because of an error.

=COUNTIFS(Sheet1!T$6:T$1000,">=(H3-0.5)",Sheet1!T$6:T$1000,"<=(H3+0.5)",Sheet1!AC$6:AC$1000,"W")

Upvote 0
Try

=COUNTIFS(Sheet1!T$6:T$1000,">="&H3-0.5,Sheet1!T$6:T$1000,"<="&H3+0.5,Sheet1!AC$6:AC$1000,"W")

M.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back