VBA Code for Vlookup between two open workbooks

EXCELISFUN1

I am looking for VBA code to enter vlookupformulas in columns AS through AX (lookup data in column A - varying rowlengths each month). The lookup data will be in another open workbook (prior month (different filename each month: YYYY-MM Project Level (QuickCheck)in columns X through AC. There are 4 tabs in the 'prior month'workbook named the same each month (ORG1, ORG2, ORG3 & ORG4).

I run four separate ORG reports each month and the vlookupformula needs to be pointed to the same ORG tab in the prior month workbook.
For clarification: I run and download into Excel ORG1, thevlookup formula needs to use the prior month file, ORG1 tab to return thevalues.
I have searched and searched and can find VBA that does someof it, but I'm a newbie at VBA and am having a hard time with the two differentworkbooks (even though both are open) and the how to handle the variable tabnames.

Thanks for any assistance. I've been working on this for twodays. I have all of the other pieces that I need; I'm just stuck on this one.

Wanda
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back