Placing the secondary Y axis below the X axis

gcarv

Hi guys

This issue at first seemed really simple but I have been at this for hours and cannot make any progress. I have search a ton of articles, boards and all the solutions posed do not fix the issue i am facing, which is to place the secondary Y axis (which is a calculated field, showing only negative values) underneath the X axis. Instead, excel is placing the Y axis on the same level as the primary (also a calculated field, showing positive values) Y axis and the chart just looks confusing.
view

Not sure what I am missing here, i have changed the 'Horizontal axis crosses' to 0. I have made the minimum and maximum bounds fixed, i have tried all the different charts. The only chart that visually represented what i wanted was the '100% Stacked column', however, i need to show actual figures rather than percentages.

Please see pics to see what my chart currently looks like and the 2nd pic for what the chart should look like.
view

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back