Macro used as conditional format?

Newbienew

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am looking for some help on having a macro do the same job a conditional format would do. So I have two columns F and G that are labeled Last Name then First Name. The conditional format that i have for these to columns work together to detect any two names that are the same and turn or highlight them red. I want to be able to use a macro to perform this function. However I will need this to work on at least 5 sheets or if i and a new sheet, but dont need it to work on the first 3 sheets making it 8 total if that makes sense.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
I looked at this yesterday but did not understand all the details so thought someone else would.

I'm not sure what you mean by look in column A and B of numerous sheets. We would need to look in sheet 4 to the last sheet in the workbook.

So If in column A and B of sheet 4 You had in column A John and in column B you had Doe

The script need to search through all rows in column A and B of sheets 4 to the last sheet for John Doe

Is that what your asking for?

If the sheets had 1000 cells of data in column A of each sheet that would be a lot of searching.

Upvote 0
In part yes this is what I am looking for. I would need the script to search the first sheet that it is applied to for any names in column A then B for the same name and turn them red. Then if it is possible search other sheets for in the name is on those sheets as well. IF that is not possible then If I and the script to only the sheets it needs to be applied to I believe that would work out.

Upvote 0
This is beyond my knowledgebase.
I will continue to monitor this thread to see what I can learn.

Upvote 0
I will see if i am able to add an example after i construct it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back